Wondering how I’ve made it this far! Oh, that’s right! I’ve noticed some positive changes! 🙂
- Over 4 days I’ve lost 2.2kg (Not the main goal of the detox but I won’t complain! 🙂 And that’s without really doing any exercise…just my usual day to day routine.)
And before anyone jumps on me about healthy weight loss and how I can’t maintain it, this is just a 1 week detox from rubbish and a beginning to healthy eating. I’ve regonised when I’m hungry (I haven’t felt that sensation in a long time!!) and I now recognise when I’m full. This is learning to eat right, make better choices, and listen to my body.
- I feel less bloated.
- I’ve had no sugar (aside from naturally in my fruit and veg) and I’ve noticed my ‘sugar headache’ has just become a niggle, rather than a constant head thumping ache.
- My sugar cravings are leading me to want a piece of fruit!
- My skin is clearing up!
- I’m more positive with the kids.
- My patience has certainly improved. (Yes, I’ve been cranky and irritable in the afternoon/evenings but it’s usually short lived or solved my removing myself from the situation of temptation!)
- I feel good. Yes, I’ve had some down moments but that’s to be expected! I feel good about my choice to detox from sugar and other crap and I feel good that I’ve stuck with it! I feel good that I’m making a positive change that has forced me to re-access how I live my life!
Will I ever eat a piece of cake again? Sure I will! I’ll just make a better, healthier choice or take the smaller piece! I don’t want to deprive myself of anything. I just have to remember that it’s a ‘treat’ not an everyday food of unlimited portion size…and I DON’T have to finish off everything and I am in control of what goes in my mouth.
So, menu for today will end on a high…oh the anticipation! 🙂
Breakfast: Scramble 2 eggs with capsicum and shallots. No oil.
Mid Meal: Small handful of nuts
Mid Meal: Apple or pear
Dinner: 150g lean beef or skinless chicken, grilled, with salad, low-fat dressing.
Breakfast…yeah, not fussed actually! Great colour, lovely smell but I’m not a huge capsicum fan and I added too much! Some salt would have improved it a lot…and a slice of toast…but I finished it and, as usual, washed it down with my sugarless tea with skim milk.
This morning I’m off to watch the boys play rugby league football. At least it gets me out and about so I’m not sitting at home dreading that bowl of vegetable soup for lunch! As we hopped out of the car at the football fields I’m hit with the smell of food!
Just up the road I can smell KFC and McDonalds!
No, wait…it smells oily and fatty…don’t want!
But I do!
No I don’t!
But I do!
No, no, no…
Inside the football grounds I small pies, chips and gravy, sausage rolls!
I would have been better off at home. Although I guess it’s when I’m out that some of the worst choices are grabbed without thought! This could be a good thing! Resist, resist, resist…eat those healthy nuts instead!
Home again and it’s almost time for lunch. Soup…*gag*
As I retrieve a bowl from the table with half an uneaten muffin sitting, staring back at me in the bottom, I realise that dieting with kids is hard! Discovering I don’t have to finish off their meal is a big thing! I’m not saving or benefiting in any way by eating up their remnants. I’m not doing the world some huge favour…I’m taking in unnecessary food and I usually don’t even realise I’m doing it or register it as food consumption for the day.
It’s just…habit! Time to nip that one in the butt and make sure I never start doing it again!
Afternoon tea is an apple and a cup of my green detoxing tea. I find the tea bearable now…not great…but bearable!
So excited for dinner! Like ridiculously excited!! I started preparing early and my 12yr old jumped in to help get the salad ready. Leafy greens, sugar snap peas, red capsicum, carrot, tomato, pineapple (for them, not me!) and cucumber. Could not wait!
I enjoyed that steak and my pile of salad with just a dash of low fat Caesar salad dressing soooooo much! I kept having to remind myself to slow down and simply enjoy it for fear of indigestion!
What a great pick me up! A fantastic way to end the day! Only 2 more days to go and then I’ll be trying to live what I’ve learnt and keep the ‘healthy’ in my diet. I got this!
Read Day 1: Here
Read Day 2: Here
Read Day 3: Here
Read Day 4: Here